Writing a great blog post is one thing, but getting it seen by the right audience is another thing altogether. No matter how engaging or informative your content may be, it won’t be of much use if nobody reads it. That’s why it’s crucial to use effective promotion tactics to get your blog post in front of as many people as possible.
If you are looking for expert advice on how to promote a blog post, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will cover 6 of the best tactics to promote a blog post as soon as it is published. Keep reading to learn how to get your content into the world and attract the traffic you deserve!
Once you’ve created your blog and begun distributing content, there’s no assurance that readers will come across it through natural search. This article will show you how to promote your blog and attract more readers by utilising tested and proven free methods to increase blog traffic and spread the word about your blog.
Your article has been published. Now what?
You’ve done the hard work of finding useful keywords and developing an interesting topic. You’ve finished a blog post, formatted it, and checked it three times for typos. You’ve included several interesting pictures. You’ve either already published it or set up a publication timer.
How do you make sure people looking for content similar to what you have on your site really find it?
The summary of your journey is something like this:
First: You must immediately begin working on your next post. Blogging is a continuous endeavour – a never-ending process. You will push that millstone uphill if you are engaged in online marketing. It becomes more manageable, and you can outsource it, but it remains your ongoing obligation.
Second: Start to monitor your analytics. Even though a single blog post may not have a significant impact, you should still monitor its performance. In addition, monitoring your analytics will reveal what effect Google ranking has.
Third: You must promote your blog post. When you complete a blog post, you should “run it through your promotion engine,” but what exactly does that mean? Indeed, that is the topic of today’s post.
- What is your marketing strategy?
- What can you do after publishing your blog to increase its exposure?
How to promote your blog post for free
There are many ways to promote your blog post that will depend on your objectives, budget, and audience. We will see 6 tried and tested tactics to skyrocket your newly published blog post. Some are easy, some hard. Some will yield disproportionately. Some may fail your blog. You won’t know until you try and measure.
This post has similarities to a book I read a few years ago and keeps revisiting, Traction by Justin Mares and Gabriel Weinberg. In 2015, these two entrepreneurs penned an exhaustive overview of the various methods by which startups can achieve strong, sustainable growth and a guide for selecting the ones that will make the difference.
When I first read it, I thought that some of the methods were not worth attempting because I knew they would fail. But surprise, surprise. Some techniques I did not believe would generate the most results are now the most effective. We must test them, evaluate the outcomes, and determine which ones provide the best framework for scaling our business to its utmost potential.
What good is your content if no one sees it?
How do you reach your target audience with content that helps and informs? Ranking on search engines and social media is difficult, with dozens of companies providing content. You will need to create a checklist for planning your content marketing strategy to optimise your reach, guarantee that your content benefits new audiences, and expand your brand.
I will describe the top different ways to promote a blog post for free. Use this post as a starting point for your own list. You may also propose your favourite strategies in the comments section, as I’m certain I’ve overlooked some.
6 best tactics to promote your blog for free
1. Use social media to your advantage
Social media is highly variable and inconsistent in terms of what goes viral and what does not. However, nothing can go viral if it’s not already on the platforms. Try to maximise your use of the most important social networks and measure the results.
Integrating social media into your blog connects your content to major social media sites. Visitors to your blog need a simple way to connect with and share your material via social media tools incorporated into your site.
These integrating features could include social media buttons (Facebook likes, Twitter following), share buttons, social media logins, etc.
- Facebook Page – Facebook is the largest social network on the planet, and despite its problems, it continues to develop year after year. Therefore, there is no reason not to use it, even if you do not wish to pay for advertisements initially.
- Twitter Account – Regarding advertising, Twitter is, at most, the world’s second-best social network. Even while it has its own problems, it’s a great place to connect with other bloggers and your audience.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is an excellent social network for professional development and a good location to share marketing content in general. Your audience will be more devoted to your niche and brand but fewer.
- Pinterest – There are issues with Pinterest collecting content for pins, so beat them to it and submit it yourself. You will also receive a tremendous amount of Google search exposure, particularly in image search, due to Pinterest’s widespread presence.
- Instagram – Instagram stories can boost blog traffic and engagement. You can share behind-the-scenes content, display your personality, and drive traffic to your website.
How often should you promote a blog post on social media?
For all social media, repost your blog entry multiple times. Every social network benefits from multiple links posted within the first day, week, and month after publication. Each new link will expand your audience’s reach and generate new returns.
Email is a uniquely effective instrument for blog promotion. You can utilise it to network with other professionals in your field and secure guest posts from influential individuals.
Polished, well-designed emails are an immensely effective method of connecting with your audience and retaining the interest of potential customers. It’s an opportunity to express who you are as a company, develop a consistent brand voice and message, and offer subscribers exclusive discounts.
Another possibility is to start a blog newsletter to grow your audience. For blog readers, use a simple CTA. This converts readers into subscribers and consumers.
After building a large list, segment subscribers by topic interest. Subscribers’ blog connections, content offers, and purchases reveal their interests.
Emailing persons referenced in your post is another technique to promote your site. This draws attention to their identity or brand and encourages them to spread your material.
Your websites can promote blog material. First, make your blog a prominent menu link. Promote your blog on your site. Include a subscription CTA on your website so users may subscribe to new posts.
- Connect relevant blog posts throughout your site – it is advisable to embed links to pertinent blog posts throughout your website. Consider locations on your site where your blog posts could expand on a topic or help site visitors discover related content. Incorporating links where they make sense will not only enhance your visitors’ experience but will also assist search engines in finding and ranking your blog posts.
- Add a blog link to your site navigation – Most websites feature a main menu that lets visitors rapidly navigate to different sections. Moss51 Art & Design’s main menu includes Blogs and a dropdown menu for Accepting Guest Posts. Make sure your main navigation links to your blog. This simplifies navigation and improves search. Search engines use these links like humans to find your site’s content.
4. Optimise for SEO
Optimising your website so search engines can comprehend what you do is an essential digital marketing strategy for all businesses. Search engine optimisation (SEO) will help you rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs) and be visible to those who are actively seeking what you have to offer.
There’s a lot that goes into this strategy, so you may want to consult with experts, and we have several articles dealing with this subject in our blog post. Determining where your website requires the most improvement could include optimising your blog!
5. Include powerful CTAs
Short sentences that inspire readers to take quick action and link to strategic pages on your website are known as calls-to-action (often abbreviated as CTAs). For instance, to subscribe to the newsletter associated with your blog, share a post, shop at your online store, etc. To encourage more people to read your blog, use this strategy throughout your site to bring readers directly to new or relevant topics to entice more people to read your blog.
6. Write a lead magnet
Create a lead magnet as the foundation for boosting your conversion rates. An eBook or a guide can demonstrate the complete extent of your expertise in the field by providing more comprehensive information than a blog post. Lead magnet encourages potential consumers to click on your website. This complimentary content increases the likelihood that visitors will join your email list and ultimately become paying customers.
Lead magnets can come in a variety of configurations, but they typically possess the following characteristics:
- Promotes your company (creates prospects).
- Free to deliver (no cost).
- High perceived value (perceived as beneficial, instructive, or valuable).
No two blogs are identical, as they serve distinct markets and audiences. Therefore, there cannot be a universal promotion formula. Choose one or two strategies to test and determine which one works best. Remember what Traction teaches: experiment with each of these channels to determine which is the best traction channel for business growth. Whatever combination you arrive at will work for your specific blog and increase traffic to everything you publish.
Here are other ways to promote your blog posts for free:
- Participate in online forums and Q&A sites.
- Read, comment, and share other people’s posters.
- Become a guest blogger on other sites.
- Invite others to write a post for your site.
- Spread blog awareness at events.
- Encourage others to share your blog posts.
To wrap things up
Keep in mind that increasing your blog’s visibility won’t happen immediately. Instead of focusing on methods that provide “quick hits” in traffic, we advise setting the groundwork for your blog’s long-term success, starting with SEO optimisation and high-quality content.
Without a well-thought-out strategy for writing and distribution, even the best blog content will fail to attract readers and turn them into buyers. Use these strategies for blog promotion to attract a larger audience and more buyers.
Why are blogs effective marketing tools?
To increase website traffic, blogs generate pertinent content. According to a study by HubSpot Marketing, companies with blogs receive 55% more website visitors than those without. Blogs are an excellent method for keeping a website’s content current.
What makes blog posts so popular?
For valid reasons, the prevalence of blogs has increased. First, blogs are an excellent addition to your website. Your website is more business-oriented, whereas your blog is more personal. You may remark on your current promotions or products, as well as the health of your business.
Are you ready to create Something Spectacular?
Here, at Moss51 Art & Design, we specialise in SEO content writing for your business website or blogs. Your blogs and website pages need to look nice with well-written content to attract customers and search engines. Let’s talk.
We specialise in writing trustworthy website content for web pages and blogs.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Did you find the information on this post useful? Leave your comments below.