Search engine optimisation is an effective technique to get your website higher rankings on search engine result pages. This ranking depends on various technical factors of your website, among which content has the most significant role.
The best way to write well-optimised content is to keep things relevant to the topic under discussion. Conciseness and uniqueness matter the most when writing content for a website. Unique content tends to add more value to the user’s query.
Search Engine Result pages are responsible for showing the most relevant results to the keywords searched in search engines.
Search engines use crawlers to decide which page your website should feature in search results. In this article, we will discuss top content writing tips and how they can help to improvise ranking among search results.
1. Make readable and unique content
Readability are uniqueness are interrelated with each other if you look from a reader’s perspective. Content is only worth reading if it is unique from what others offer online.
Nobody likes to read the same things again and again. The search engine may penalize your blog or website due to featuring penalized content. Let’s discuss the essential elements for achieving better ranking:
- Start with a catchy intro that gains the interest of its readers and describes that the rest of the content has something to offer. While writing the introduction, keep a user’s persona, interest, and problems in mind.
- It’s better to maintain fluency by using heading tags H1, which should further break down into H2. The content in those headings should feature the necessary keywords related to the search query.
- Even if you have written the content all by yourself, you may find unintentional plagiarism in your sentences. Therefore, make sure to check content originality before publishing it online.
- By performing a plagiarism check, you can have the confidence to upload your content without any fear of getting penalized. Plus, the search engine would find your content more credible and feature it among the top results.
- Paragraph length is yet another critical factor. Make sure not to present large blocks of words and summarise information in 2 to 3 lines per paragraph.
- It is better to define information using bullet points as it improves users’ reading experience and states a better format for the website or blog.
High quality, affordable web content writing service
100% original and unique content
2. Appropriate use of keywords
Keywords are the building blocks of your search engine optimised content. These keywords should be featured within the headings, subheadings, and content body. Keywords are primarily responsible for connecting content with search queries.
Let’s talk about where and how to use these keywords:
- Start by performing thorough keyword research by analysing the popular user’s queries. You can approach Google Trends to learn about popular keywords and search questions.
- Use keyword researching tools like Google Keyword Planner and Ahrefs to have insights on the most searched keywords.
- Organised subleaders and formatting of the content can impact a significant role in defining the content’s quality. The body of the content should include the necessary intent-keywords that are relevant to your audience’s searches.
- Online tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush can provide you with further SEO services. You can use these tools to analyse and rate your content for maintaining a better online presence.
- Tools like Ahrefs can also perform as competitive intelligence tools which assist you in generating new keyword ideas from top-ranking domains.
- It is best to feature the keywords in your content’s meta title and meta description. A meta description is focused more on featuring keywords as a meta description states an overview of your content on a search result page.
- The formatting style has yet another significant role in improvising the optimisation of SERP content. It is best to feature a short-tail keyword in various headings featuring your content.
- While featuring these keywords, make sure to maintain the keyword density in your content. Avoid keyword stuffing and find a natural way of fitting the keyword in a sentence.
3. Provide featured snippet answers
Featured snippets refer to the straightforward answers to user questions. Search engine crawlers perform a thorough scan on websites to feature the best solution or answers to the trending questions searched by the audience.
- Featured snippets should include keywords to answer the trending questions related to a specific topic.
- Featured snippet answers should be concise and straightforward so search engine crawlers can feature them adequately among results.
- It is best to search for the queries in the FAQ sections of competitors to look for trending problems and searches of users. You can answer these questions in your content to increase your ranking among SERPs.
- Your featured snippet answer should include a specific part of your question that states that the content is answering that question. Include verbs like “click” or “select” in your content to state a guidance tone in your content.
- It is better to include featured snippets among longer content with a word count between 2000 to 2500. Make sure your featured snippet answer is not more than 60 words.
4. Include images
Images are also part of the content, enhancing the clarity of written information. These images essentially add value to your content, like if you’re writing guidelines or walkthrough articles. Following these ways, you can feature images within your content:
- Using infographics within your content can improvise the clarity of what you’re trying to explain. Make sure to place infographics in the relevant position within your content where it fits with headings.
- Compress images before featuring them in your content. Large-sized images can affect the loading performance of your page. Search engines like Google rank websites that feature quick loading web pages.
- Images should be stock-free to prevent copyright claims on your website.
- It is best to add alt text with your image to describe the intention of what the image is trying to portray.
5. Follow linking strategy
Featuring links within your content is another effective technique to gain a better score on SERP analysis.
You can apply the linking strategy to your content in the following ways:
- Link to external websites to add value to your research. External linking with a reputed website allows presenting that source to reference the featuring content.
- External linking imposes an impression on search engine crawlers that you have performed thorough research on the given topic.
- Internal linking is yet another popular technique to gain recognition by search engines.
- Linking should be featured within the natural intent of the sentence on a specific keyword. Try not to use the intent like “Click here to learn more” as the clickable linking text.
- Ensure that the provided link is relevant to your website’s domain or topic. Avoid featuring a link that leads to poor-performing websites or scams.
- Any webpage linking back to your website leaves an impression on a search engine that your content is a credible source of information.
Content is the core element to rank your website higher in SERPs. The strategies and tips discussed above can help generate traffic and lead to more impressions on your website. Besides focusing on the technical search engine optimisation techniques, it is also essential to understand what the users are looking for.
The intention is to present well-optimised content that is interesting to read by users and ranks in the search engine results to access that factual information in the quickest way possible.
Are you ready to create Something Spectacular?
Here, at Moss51 Art & Design, we specialise in SEO content writing for your business website or blogs. Your blogs and website pages need to look nice with well-written content to attract customers and search engines. Let’s talk.
So, if you are looking for web designers to create your website, Moss51 Art & Design will provide all the important elements of quality your web design needs.
Or, if you already have a site, we can always conduct a site audit and optimise it to provide the best user experience and accessibility.
We specialise in writing trustworthy website content for web pages and blogs.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article. Did you find the information on this post useful? Leave your comments below.
Print and share this article friendly; you are free to use and reproduce it, just please attribute Moss51 Art & Design as the original author, and link back to this post!